Saturday, March 8, 2008

Farewell Friend

A few of my associates and I went to Chilis the other night. We got together to celebrate the life of one of our fellow team members who passed away last Thurs. One of my associates, Tim Roche, died from a heartattack at the age of 47. He had a pretty extensive medical history, but it was still very unexpected and shocking. His 6 year old son Cash was home alone with him when it happened. I had called Tim on his cell from the store Thurs. morning to ask him a question, and Cash answered the phone. He said his daddy wouldn't wake up and that he was cold. No one at the store knew which apt. they were at because they were in the process of moving, so I couldn't send anyone over to the house. I had to tell Cash to hang up and call 911. He did, which is pretty amazing for a 6 year old boy...but this boy is very smart. His dad was already gone when they got there. I can't imagine what he's going to remember for the rest of his life having experienced that... Til we meet again Tim.

From, Store 201




3 comments:

The Windy City Duo said...

I am sorry to hear that you have had this very sad and difficult experience... I am sorry for you, your co-workers, and this gentleman's family. You have honored his memory beautifully.

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin and Natali McKee said...

How incredibly sad, that poor little boy. Thank Heavens you called him that morning.