Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brax's Room












Still waiting patiently for this little guy to come. Last Thurs at my dr.'s appt I was dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced...I didn't think I was gonna make it through the weekend. Well, here it is Tues evening and I'm just wondering when this little guy is going to make his appearance. I feel pretty good still which is nice. I went to work yesterday and I'm planning on going the next few days as well. Friday should be my last day. I didn't go in last Fri and Sat and my assistant manager told all my associates that I was out already...when I showed up Monday morning for my shift they were all pretty suprised! I played a little joke on a few of them and told them I had the baby Sat. morning, and that I'm back to work. One of the girls even bought it!! It was purty funny.



Baylee's had a rough time going to sleep, whether it's for nap time or at night. She keeps coming out of her room. Like right now, it's 9:40 and she's laying in the hall with her blanket. Bless her heart, she'll probably fall asleep there if I don't go get her and put her in bed. Also, she still falls asleep on the floor. When we go in to check on her before we go to bed or if one of us gets home late from a closing shift, we'll find her on the floor with all her blankets as opposed to in her bed where we originally left her. Funny girl.



She's talking more and more these days - starting to put phrases and small sentences together. A few of my favorites that she says:



"More-gain?" (more again)



If I say, "We're almost home. Let's take a bath when we get home k?" She responds, "K..." but it's the little tone of voice that she says it in that's stinkin cute



"fwuh fwuh mommy" = love you mommy
A few things she loves:
Dora (still!)
grilled cheese from INO
to color
her Mrs. Potato Head (thanks Alicia!)
her bink (blanket)
going for walks
her cousin Sar Sar
to dance (esp to Lady GaGa)
singing
It's hard to believe she's already 2--my little peanut. She fills our home with joy and love and I'm so grateful that she's part of our family. She's gonna be a great big sister!









1 comment:

mandy said...

I am just so excited for you and can't wait to hear the good news about Brax. His room is adorable and I hope he'll have red hair like his beautiful big sis. Good luck!