Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Never Knew What A Root Canal Was...Til Yesterday When I Had To Get One...













Not very fun I might add. My appointment was at 1:30pm and after arriving 10 minutes early was seated in the chair right at 1:30. Ok, so far so good. Well, that was about as good as it got. Ok, the movie Twilight was good too. (They let you choose a movie from their collection of about 50, so you can watch during your procedure). The reason I even went to the dentist you ask...I chipped my tooth on Wed at work :( Anywho, doc said she'll probably have to do an "overlay" (partial crown for those like me who have no idea what an "overlay" is--I know you know Mandy!) That is UNLESS the cavity has grown deeper into to the tooth, then a root canal would be the result. But she wouldn't know that til she was in there. Well, 2 hours later she has made her diagnosis. Cavity = super deep = root canal. I call work, I'm not going in tonight--sorry, have to get a root canal. After a lot of this:
shots of anesthesia
slobber
drilling
taking molds of my teeth
talking to the insurance lady
watching the sexy Edward...

I was out of that uncomfortable chair at 7:00pm.... yes you calculated correctly... 5 1/2 hours!!!

I wasn't asking to know what a root canal was either...

4 comments:

The Barb Chronicles said...

Your biggest mistake wasn't getting the root canal, it was watching that EDWARD....YUCK! I hate his slimmy hair, it's not like the book. it's not. it's not. it;s not. ok tantrum over, back to your teeth....sorry sister. Did I tell you that David is going into Dental now. don't hate the player, hate the game. :-) luv you!

Perry Family said...

OUCH!! So sorry to hear. At least you got to watch Edward!!!! :) And you didn't have to go into work!!

mandy said...

Oh, Coco. I'm so sorry! Adam says he would never keep a patient on the chair for that long. Next time fly up here for all your emergency dental needs!

Lisa Mc said...

I hate the dentist!!!