Saturday, September 20, 2008

These pics were taken on Aug. 27th...the day before opening. Notice all the stuff on the floor in the kitchen--I was pretty surprised when it all came together at the last minute. On the night before opening we have a private party. Those invited: new hires and their families, other store associates and managers from the area and their families, people from the shopping center we're in. There was a pretty good turn out. The all-stars (those who come from surrounding areas to help open the store) run the kitchen and everyone eats for free. It's kindof like a dry run to make sure all the equipment is working. It's a great time to visit and get to know the families of my new hires.
My friend Cathy and I



This is "mini-me"...Alicia, my assistant manager


Our little INO family


My beautiful store, 221
This is my shift team (l to r):

Alicia-2nd manager

Tommy-4th manager

Joe-3rd manager

These last few weeks have been pretty trying. It's hard not to see my little girl--I miss her lots. My crew is doing great and I've already given out about 14 raises. The kids were pretty excited.

Ok, enough about the store... my dad just told me that he and his girlfriend broke up tonight. :( His heart hurts, but he's a strong guy--he'll move on. His words, "There's other fish in the sea." Everything happens for a reason and I think part of this happening was to get him back to Arizona where he's closer to family.

Well, it's late and I've got to hit the hay.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i just saw your status on facebook and t33345congrats! on his new calling! that looks exciting opening a new store! wghere is it at girly?

Nichole Christensen said...

Bailey is getting so big! She is adorable. Glad to hear an update on you guys. We miss you!

Lisa Mc said...

It looks like you had a great time! I am so mad I missed it!!!!
So sorry about your dad!! It sounds like he has a good attuide! I love the family picture.

emily said...

Wow Coco you are super woman. I hope you get a little rest soon. Moving, new baby, and running a store! I don't think it can get any crazier. If any one was equipped to handle it all it would be you. I'll send a few prayers your way. :) love ya!

Leticia said...

Hey! Que te pasa calabasa? Nada nada leomonada!!!! So I finally broke down and got a Google account just to leave a note for you!!! I miss you but love looking at your blog everyday and seening you guys! I just returned from Cali (long story) and I had 1 dbl dbl animal & 2 single animals in 2 days! And I love my fries animal style too! I even brought home an order of fries to Kris (but only after I snacked on them first!) Keep posting and I will run away to Vegas ASAP!!!! Warn Luis :)

The Barb Chronicles said...

You look so good in that new store of yours! Wish we were still at 201. good times! Sorry about your dad, send him my love.

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, looks like the new store is a success already. Great Job. I am sorry to hear about your dad, but you are right; he is a great guy.

The Windy City Duo said...

You look beautiful... your store looks beautiful. Congratulations! Couldn't be happier for you! Love ya, girl

Callie said...

Coco! Its been years...and then some! I found your blog through Mandy. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, and your new store! That's very exciting!! We LOVED In and Out in Phoenix, we had one around the corner from us, but none here in Colo Spgs...:(
Glad to see you are doing well!

K said...

Congrats on your new home and MAN Bailey is SOOOOOO cute! She has gorgeous eyes. Her shirt is especially appropriate...I'll bet that when she grows up, she's gonna be impossible to say 'No' to.