Monday, January 21, 2008

A very eventful weekend!





K, so i'm really excited, cause I just finished purchasing the crib and a dresser/changing table. I bought them online at Babycenter.com. This weekend was very eventful...we went to Vegas to do some shopping. First stop, Babies-R-Us. We got a few things there, looked at cribs, gliders (still can't decide if I'm going to purchase one-any thoughts or suggestions???). Ok, so that's pretty much all the shopping on Saturday. That night we met Bob and Lisa McIntyre and Lui's sister Leticia at Outback Steakhouse and had a yummy dinner. Sunday we headed to church to our old ward (Cheyenne Ridge) to visit where my good friend Lisa was released from her calling of about 2 1/2 years as Relief Society President. It was a pretty emotional day to say the least. But she was feeling good enough to invite us over for dinner, which of course we accepted the invitation! Leticia came with us, and we had a great time with family and friends. Thanks Lisa for the yummy dinner! Monday was more shopping-we even registered at BRU for the baby shower. Yeah! After a day of baby stuff all over, we headed home and moved some rooms around. We had to move the guest bed into the computer room, but in order to accomodate the bed, we had to move a dresser, a bookcase, and a small table out of the computer room and into the garage. Now the baby room is empty except for the stroller that we purchased a couple weeks ago and already put together, and a few gifts stacked in the corner. That's why I'm so excited to have just purchased the crib and dresser. As soon as it comes we can put it together and start setting up the nursery! It's getting more and more real as the days go by-it's pretty amazing!

5 comments:

Tiffani said...

If you can get a glider, DO IT! I love having one. Its great for late night feedings too. I'm excited to see pics of the nursery when you start getting furniture in there.

mandy said...

I agree. It is nice to have a place to feed the baby in her own room during the night. I have a glider but I wish that I had the gliding ottoman also. I think those are so comfy!

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I am excited to see pictures of everything. You are making me want to get ready now. That is fun you got to hang out with the McIntyre's, I thought I noticed Lily in the picture.

Vanessa said...

It was great to see you! I'm looking forward to the baby shower here. I'd definately go with a glider or something. I had nothing with Daniel and made sure to get a Lazy Boy this time. I love it and don't know how I ever did without it.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

You will have to tell me how the glucose test goes. The first times I did it, they told me to fast, so I am debating doing that again so my breakfast doesn't affect it at all. I have a huge sweet tooth as well, I need daily chocolate or something tasting good. I have the fruit punch one this time too, I have always had the orange before. But with my sweet tooth and big babies, I have never had the diabetes, so I am sure you will fine.