Friday, January 4, 2008

Time for the New Year

The holiday's are over, and the New Year has begun. Our festivities this year were pretty low key. Lui and I spent them here in Kingman with just us. Christmas day consisted of sleeping in until 11:30 (we both closed the night before) and lounging around the house in our p.j.'s. We started cooking around 2 and had a yummy turkey dinner. We made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (the way my mom used to make them, lots of brown sugar and marshmellows-yummy!), rolls and some apple-pomegranite sparkling cider. it was quite the Christmas dinner :) Then we watched Christmas movies all evening and hit the sack. As for New Year's, somewhat similar. We both worked the day and Lui had closed the night before, so by 10pm he was falling asleep on the couch. Not long after that we hit the hay and like Bob says, "the New Year came, even though we were asleep!"

I'm still feeling pretty good. My doctor's visits are every month now and our next one is this Monday. If I'm on the grill all day at work, I come home and I feel it. But that's okay, part of the job i guess. Hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday!

1 comment:

mandy said...

I'm very impressed with your Christmas dinner. Adam always has to make our fancy meals...I have no skills (or desires) in that area. I'm glad that you are still feeling good--rest as much as you can now because those babies keep you busy!