Friday, May 2, 2008







I'll be honest...the 1st night home was rough. Only 1 1/2 hours of sleep total. We had our first pediat appt Thurs. morn so I wanted to get up early enough to give us enough time to get everything ready. Turns out I didn't need to "get up", cause I was already up... And we still barely made it at 9am. They weighed her and told us she had lost a few ounces, which is normal, but doc said she had lost a few more than he would have liked to see-but that she was still ok. She's feeding much better now and will hopefully start putting some back on.

Night #2 was much better...I decided to put her in her crib, instead of the pack and play in our bedroom. It was fantastic. I could hear here when she was fussing and ready to eat, but didn't hear all the other little noises babies make. Plus, she couldn't hear us moving around, turning over, etc. So I'm pretty sure that's how we're going to do it from now on. She fed about every 3 hours which gave me a chance to sleep in between. I can handle that. It's what we went through the first night that I couldn't continue to do.

I do have to say tho that this week would have been much more difficult if it wasn't for my Aunt Janie. She flew out from Illinois early Sun morn before we went to the hospital, and has been with me every step of the way. It's nice cause she has 4 kids of her own and lots of experience. And with her being my mom's sister, it really helped me to feel more of mom here with me. She has been such a help to us this week and I'm so sad to see her go tomorrow. Thanks to my little bro Jimbo for giving her a pass on Southwest to come out here. I love you guys.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

im sorry to hear about the first night! but its bound to get better! anyways baylee is so precious! i just want to see more pictures of her!

The Nicks Family said...

She is beautiful! I am sorry about the first night, it takes some adjustments, and you will figure it all out. I am glad that you found what works for you guys, that is great! I am so glad your aunt got to be there and to give you that extra help, that is so nice. Such a cute family you have :)

Tiffani said...

Aiden got kicked out of our room on night 4! Not hearing all those grunts sure makes for a better night sleep. We can't wait to get Zack into his own room. She is a cutie.

Jilene said...

she is precious. it gets me excited to bring a new baby into our home. except the 1st night experience. those are never fun! but you will get through them and so will she!

mandy said...

Smart girl! Sleeping with a baby in the same room was always difficult for me. Thanks for reminding me about the sleepless nights...it makes it easier for me to avoid being baby hungry as I look at the pics of your cute little newborn! (Adam says NO. We're done.)

Lisa Mc said...

She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to come and hold and snuggle her.