Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Jack Squat"

Yup, these are the words out of my doctors mouth on wed at our appt. He checked again to see if i was dilated at all...and these were the words out of his mouth..."You're not doing jack squat..." Has your doctor ever said that to you? He then proceeded to tell me that I would probably be delivering between 41 and 42 weeks. WHAT??!! So we set up another appt. for next Fri (my due date)-no, not for an induction or anything-just to see how things are progressing. I'm a little disappointed cause I kinda just want her to come out and play. The other night Lui was reading to her and it was the cutest thing ever. Our doc is LDS and he speaks spanish and he told Lui, "Tienes que hablar mas en espanol!" ("You have to speak more spanish to her!") We'll see if that works. Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have mixed emotions. It will be nice to have a break, but at the same time my store is running really well right now and I don't want anything to happen. I'm confident in my Assistant Manager to run things while I'm gone, but at the same time a little apprehensive. I think anyone in my position would feel the same. My Divisional Manager has a numbers contest every month between the 5 stores in his division. The first 3 months I've taken 1st place which puts me in 1st year-to-date also. The closest store to me in points is double what I have. It's a great accomplishment, cause I'm pretty competitive and I love being #1! Well, that's about it for now. I'll keep ya updated...

12 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Daaannnngg, Whaatttt?? I know some Doctor's don't like inducing on the first baby, but mine did a week early (A different one than I have now.) Do you know if you are measuring on time or not? I can't imagine going over the due date. This is the first pregnancy that I am barely dilated, only a fingertip, but we are still going ahead with the inducing. I hope he keeps a close eye on you so the fluid levels are still good and she doesn't get too crammed in there.

mandy said...

I feel your pain. Each of my babies had to be dragged out, kicking and screaming. I was at least 5 days overdue with each of them. I had weeks of stress tests and fluid checks--what a pain! Also, my last doctor told me I had a "crappy cervix". Nice.

Tiffani said...

That just sucks!!! How big is the baby measuring? I hope she is small so that you don't have to push out a 10 pounder when you are that overdue! Girl, I feel for you! Good luck. If you want to know what my doc told me to do to soften the cervix, email me. I'm not going to be that candid on your blog. swmngrd99@yahoo.com

Jilene said...

yuck! I always told my doc I would NEVER go past my due date because I would give myself a c-section before I let that happen! You are wayyyyy too patient!

Megan said...

My little Audrey was a week late. I for sure thought she would be on time. I freakin walked miles around nyc for that extra week and it did no good. The little ones unfortunately just come when they want to!

Brett and Heather said...

Coco--
I still have your baby gift sitting by my front door. How am I going to get it to you? It's a good one!! You are going to want it. Call me next time you are in town.

Heather

Lisa Mc said...

When you go in on Friday, Tell him you want to be induced because you are afraid she will be to big and you will end up with a c section!!
Congrats on your store. They will miss you alot!!! Your always so happy!!!!

mandy said...

You can try the "big baby" tactic. I've definitely pulled that out in the past because all mine (except Mads) were nearly 9 lbs. They didn't listen to me, though. It is frustrating because it is your baby and your body and you want to have a say in when it all goes down but unfortunately they think they know more than us poor pregnant ladies because of all their medical school knowledge!
Even with my fourth, after knowing that I wouldn't dilate on my own, EVER, they still made me wait. Sorry! Good luck with being patient...these last few days are the worst!

Unknown said...

Hey Luis ! Felicidades.... y no te comas las uñas ya tendra tiempo para eso. Me da gusto que esten bien y ansiosos por la llegada dela Beba. El tiempo para volando, que hace que me diste la noticia y mira ya estas a escasos dias de tener a la Baby en su hogar. Primero Dios y que todo salga bien. Sinceramente El Aguayo.

Lila said...

LOL. That's funny! Don't worry though. I never dilated either. It was always suddenly and quickly. My first was a 7 hr delivery and my 2nd was 4 hrs. I go from 1-10 in no time. When she is ready it'll happen.

Marleen said...

I gave my first baby five days over and then set up to be induced. I ended up being induced and then scheduled my second one also. Had a great experience with both. I'm all for it now. I hope for your sake he comes on his own real soon. Full term babies usually are a cinch.

The Windy City Duo said...

I hope the baby comes quickly for you. I am sure you are excited to meet your daughter and stop being pregos. I've got my fingers crossed for you.