Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday-Blessing Day

Lui did a wonderful job today blessing his daughter. I was able to take some notes, and I think I got pretty much all of it. When he came and sat down his eyes were watery and he said, "I tripped." I'm thinking he tripped when he was walking up there, so I asked, "When?" Him, "At the beginning. I got confused at what to say. And I kinda started crying a little bit." It was cute. He did a really good job though. After church we took a few pictures out front.








It was so windy--that's why she's so squinty in the pics. This was Lui putting her back in her chair before we left--funny huh?







This was not her original outfit she was going to wear. I had a light pink jumper with a sweater on her ready to go. I wanted to be feeding her at 9:30 so if it took and hour (like it usually does for the whole process) then we would be ready to go at 10:30. Well, things didn't quite work out as planned. I started feeding her a little late at 9:40. Then 1/2 way through she decided to go poopy. Ok, I thought, no big deal. I checked her bum and none had come out her diaper. Or so I thought. I went in to change her and I was right--none had come out of the bottom of her diaper by her legs. IT WAS UP HER BACK AND OUT OF THE TOP OF THE DIAPER! All over her new little outfit! That little stinker. So we went to the back-up dress. So then she decides she's still hungry and it's already 10:30. I'm afraid we're going to be late, and I know they do the blessings at the beginning of the meeting. Well, all turned out ok--we were on time, I kept my composure and she was way cute in her little white dress. :)

8 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

How cute of Lui to say he tripped. She is adorable! Sorry about the pooping accident, don't you hate that?! Love the pictures!!

mandy said...

She looks beautiful in her dress and I love the smiling pictures below!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Coco,

What a special day for you and Lui. I am sorry I wasn't there. Baylee looked so darling. It is amazing how angelic they can look in white. Congrats on your special day. We miss you guys!

Barb

Marleen said...

Happy blessing day. Those days are so wonderful.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

She looks so grown up. She is adorable!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Coco,

Ya, I am feeling alright, just tired. Running after the two I already have plus making a third is hard work :-)
How is everything going there?

Barb

Alicia said...

Way to go having a backup outfit! I don't know what it is about those blessing outfits....they are poop magnets! It happened with BOTH of my kids! I feel the pain ;) She is getting so big...and cuter with every blog!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Go baylee! 8 hours, I bet you feel refreshed. Usually the first few night the baby sleeps longer than a few hours your up anyways worrying or waiting for her to wake up. That is so exciting. So back to work in a couple of days? How are you feeling about that?