Friday, June 27, 2008

NOW YOU SEE IT.....

Ok, so you might be able to guess what this next post is about by the following pictures......





Yep, it's gone! I've been thinking about it for a while. My Uncle Kent has been talking about cutting it off for me for a LONG while! I had originally thought about selling it (I was told I could get about 10 grand. Who knows if that's true), but then I went online to the Locks of Love website and saw the pictures of those kids. Then it all changed. I hope they are able to use my hair to make a beautiful wig for one (or a few) of those kids. Here's my story!


This is Joy. She's in our ward. Don't worry, she's done this before.


No turning back now!!!


The finished product

You can caption this picture..."Holy crap, what have I done?" "Here's to one bottle of shampoo every month (instead of one every 2 weeks!)"

I can't even remember the last time my hair was this short

What? Are those bangs I see? Why yes they sure are. I haven't had bangs since 7TH GRADE! I was more nervous about the bangs than cutting the back! Still not sure how I feel about the bangs.

That's a lot of hair--about 16 inches

11 comments:

mandy said...

I'm proud of you Coco! That is a big deal and a lot of hair. We are still trying to grow Lauren's hair out to donate (about 2 inches to go!) but the longer it gets the more fun I am having trying new hairstyles. I am going to visit the website to get inspired.

The Nicks Family said...

That is so awesome!! You look gorgeous either way, but how cool that you could do that to help someone else. The bangs look great on you!!!

Vanessa said...

You are amazing! I have never seen your hair that short. Kudos to you. I really want to do Locks of Love, but can't get past my shoulders- long hair bugs me!

Nichole Christensen said...

Oh my gosh, Coco!!! Did you do that today?? I had a roommate in college who donated her hair to locks of love and she's done it a few times since. That is so awesome of you! You look great!!

Jilene said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I love it. you look great. I'm sure it will be nice for the summer too! Congrats on taking such a big step. I didn't know if you'd ever do it! Good job!

Unknown said...

wow coco im so proud of you! hopefully they will makea pretty wig out of it! im sure youll miss your old hair tho!

Jilene said...

Hey Coco!!

I have no idea how to respond to a comment, so I decided that I would blog on your page...I figured that you may see it.

Yes, that was Alan. He was in Boise for a job interview! So, we are keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well! It has been 6 years since we last saw him, so we had a great time hanging out.

Your hair looks great by the way! Do you ever where it curly anymore? I bet now that it is so much shorter that it would curl up a ton. Anyway, we hope all is going well.

Talk to you later,

Matt

Lisa Mc said...

Your hair looks Marvelous!!! I love it!!!

Jilene said...

Yes, that was Alan, but no, he doesn't live by us. He lives in North Dakota, but had a job interview out here last friday. with any luck...it was fun to see him and matt was in heaven. They had lots of fun together. have fun in Powell. I remember when we went. It was awesome!!!

The Windy City Duo said...

Coco... You look beautiful. Wow! I didn't realize how long (big - giggle, giggle) your hair had gotten. What a wonderful gift you have given some child!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Way to go Coco!!! That is amazing that you cut your hair. YOu are still active right? You didn't down a bottle of beer before you went? Just kidding. I think that is so great. I also got my hair chopped, but it's not NEARLY as cute as yours and I don't dare blog about it, I am still in the crying phase. You look great! Barb